If you are considering vehicle rental for the very first time, you might be feeling slightly intimidated, but nowadays it’s actually simpler than ever. As with many other things in life, hiring a vehicle will mostly depend on what you’re looking for which service you decide to rent from.
Before you make that choice, you may wish to read the below to help you choose which feels right.
Before You Book Your Vehicle
- How long will you be using it?
- When and where do you want to pick it up and return it?
- What kind of vehicle do you normally drive? (A lot of people usually select a hire vehicle which is similar, thus ensuring familiarity).
- Work out what size vehicle you want to rent and the number of people who will be with you. (PS – Remember how much baggage you will have)
- It’s easy to book online and can be carried out 24 hours a day.
- Any documentation confirming any payments should be saved and/or printed out.
- Will you be needing any special equipment? Any disabilities? Camper rentals? If yes, which vehicle will work out best for you and your equipment?
- Remember that there is reliable vehicle hire at airports.
Vehicle Type Availability
In practically all cases, available vehicles for hire will be classified by size (mini, compact, 4×4, 8 seats), class (economy, premium, luxury) or perhaps a certain feature (coupe, convertible, eco-friendly) and top quality camper rental, also.
- Usually there is the choice of manual or automatic drives.
What to watch out for
- What is included in your quote? – The rental fees for the vehicle, what type of insurance and any mandatory charges and taxes.
- Additional extras: (but not always) such as navigation, DVD/music system, children’s seats, mobile Wi-Fi, etc.
- If seeking RV rentals, look out for a company which specialises in an RV for rent, where you will be going.
- Mileage limits: Miles will be limited or unlimited. If limited, the estimated number of miles will be established before your voyage and you will be charged for anything past that limit.
- For any long distance journeys, if you’re going to be renting an RV, unlimited miles are the best.
Collecting Your Vehicle (What you need to have with you)
- All reservation information, as stated on your booking confirmation.
- A valid, up to date, driver’s licence will only be accepted, and don’t even think about using any photocopies!
- A number of vehicle hire services, may also ask for evidence of any address on your driver’s license. (Which should not be any older than three months).
- All people who will be driving the vehicle should be at the office when collecting the vehicle with their documentation.
All of the above should give you some insight on how to make sure everything goes perfectly smooth, and here’s hoping that your journey on the roads of The United States, will be a great one!